Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Studio time...having way too much fun here

Here's a peek at what I'm making.  I'm making jewelry pieces and I have so many ideas my head is about to explode!  I had to make a trip to Home Depot to purchase a grinder cuz my hands were so tired from using a file to smooth out the edges.  Love Love Love the grinder! 
On Monday I made a trip to Flagstaff (more on that later) and was so excited to stop in Thunderbird Supply.  I bought metal, wire, tweezers, polishing cloth, liver of sulphur and oh by the way that shit smells awful!  But I'm excited to try out a new way of patina-ing my pieces. 
Today I'm etching more metal to use as background pieces or additional adornments.  A timely process but great results.  I'm having fun using all my tools that were collecting dust... haha.  A circle metal cutter, a dapping tool, and new metal stamp.  Last night my soldering iron went kappoop...it's sparked and then there was a little smoke and then a smell!  Yikes, Tom keeps telling to get a fire extinguisher for the studio, he may be right!  All's well, but need a new soldering iron  :(  That damn glitchy monkey is back!  Think positive, right.  I'm having way too much fun to worry about a broken soldering iron.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment