Thursday, January 26, 2017

Gingerbread houses

The past several years I have decorated sugar cookies with some of my favorite little friends.  It's always way fun.  This year I decided to make mini graham cracker gingerbread houses to decorate.  I added another set of kids to the mix this year, too.  Overall, the decorating turned out to be just as much fun as cookie decorating.

I didn't have the patience to use royal frosting to "glue" the houses together, so I used a glue gun!  It worked perfectly and was so quick.


Cutting rectangles into triangles isn't so easy.  Lots of broken pieces!
My first completed house.  I thought it was kinda boring so mixed up the roofs

Addison is busy decorating her house.  The icing in a capped bottle wasn't working to well so we used a skewer to put the icing on the candy pieces...worked perfectly.
Addison & Olivia, Kailey and Avery showing off their masterpieces!  

They did a great job on their houses.  I had so much fun and we'll be doing this again.


I set up another gingerbread house decorating party.  I learned from the first party smaller pieces of candy and mini size cookies worked so much better and I bought icing in tubes and that worked even better.  Made my prep time less time consuming and easier for the kids to use.

This is Kail, Kalon and Reagan working on their houses!

Kalon was very determine to get his skittles to stick!
They did a wonderful job on their houses!





No comments:

Post a Comment