Sunday, January 15, 2017

2016 Christmas card.

This year's card started off with an idea to use my dogs in a mixed media collage thing.  I knew I wanted to include my dogs on the card.  I went out and took their photos.  My dogs are pretty used to having their photos taken.  My fat dog, Winston doesn't like posing for me, so his photo is always so serious looking.  I removed the background so I could place them on any background.  Instead I printed and cut them out and decided to make a canvas art piece.  
Bella girl 

Maximus

Winston "fat boy"

Started with a canvas I bought at thrift store.  I covered it with plaster a few months ago so it was the perfect surface to use.  I got out some paint and just splashed it on randomly.




You can see the texture the plaster gave the surface.



I wanted to embellish the dogs with hats and Winston got antlers and red nose.



I found some paper trees in my stash box from last year's christmas crafts.  Just played with placement.


Added more texture...snowflakes punched from different papers...  I found a vintage christmas postcard, too.  I rubbed some burnt umber to the edges giving it a aged look.


As you can see the dogs got hats, Winston go antlers, the paper trees got glittery stars, at a glass charm and few more paper items.


This is the final art piece.  I added a banner I cut with my new Cricut and added handwritten Merry Christmas.  I added a New Year's banner and it was missing something so I added a metal heart and the wings from my "brokenwing" logo.


I took a photo of the canvas and printed photo of it.  I mounted the photo on brown paper and added twine to the final card.
 The nice thing about this year's card is I have a fabulous art piece to hang on the wall!


No comments:

Post a Comment