Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Back home

 
I'm home from a great trip to Chicago and Washington, DC.  It was on my list of things to do.  I know most people talk about going to Paris, London, Rome, but one day I thought why not go to some great American cities.  Don't get me wrong... I've asked Paris to wait for me, I'll be there some day, too.  But in the meantime, I've been to Los Angles, San Diego, San Jose, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Denver, Albuquerque, San Antonio, Vancouver, Boston just to name a few.  Lots of other smaller cities all in between these larger cities.  Chicago and DC did not disappoint.  Chicago was such a city a grown up city.  Beautiful architecture and skyline with great character.  Washington, DC was just as great.  Loved the history of America.  The memorials were eye opening experiences.  All of them left a lasting impression but the two memorials that moved me the most were the  9/11 Memorial at the Pentagon and the Vietnam Wall.  If you ever get a chance to visit them please do.  I have a tons of photos to sort through and I will post photos of these for sure along with others of my trip. 
In addition, to the sightseeing stuff we spend time with so many family and friends.  College friends we hadn't seen in a million years.  A cousin I hadn't seen since I visited him in California when I was 20 years old, he was just a kid.  A niece and nephew we now call them both "Dr Arens".  We stayed with good friends in Washington, DC and completely felt like no time had past.   Then the icing on the cake was a call from my nephew, Antwein.  It brought such an overwhelming good feeling to hear his voice.  We weren't able to meet up on this trip, but we will try again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment