Sunday, February 12, 2012

On my walk today...

Okay, this post is going to jump around between stories.
This morning Winston and I went out for our walk.  Around the corner comes this guy walking his monster attack dog.  I don't remember if I ever posted about Winston being attacked by a dog last summer.  Winston, who is well trained and stays in our yard, no problem ever.  This particular hot hot summer day is no different and Winston is in the driveway and this dog comes from down the street and attacks Winston.  By the time I got to Winston the dog's mouth was clamped on Winston's face and ear.  OMG!  The dog owner is hitting Winston on the shoulder area over and over with a walking stick.  Winston is crying out and I yelled at the guy to quit hitting my dog.  I grab Winston neck area to pull him back and notice this dog has Winston in his grip and if I pull the dog clamps down harder.  So I tell the guy to pull his dog off.  After a few seconds, which seem like minutes the dog releases his grip.  The guy is yelling obscenities at us about my dog being off a leash.  I noticed the guy's shoes were in the middle of the street and the pavement was super hot, so I figured out his dog got away from him and pulled him right out of his shoes! Winston suffered cuts but is fine.
Anyways, this guy continues to walk his attack dog by my house ALL the time, several times a day even.  Since then I never let my dogs out past the courtyard door.  I hate how he brings his dogs by and it's almost as he's taunting my dogs, they bark like crazy as he walks by.  He lives at the end of the street so he has so many options of where he can walk, but no, he's always walking in front of my house.
Well today, he was walking towards me but across the street.  His dog starts going wild!  OMG, here we go again.....Winston stays calm and we keep walking, I'm so disgusted with him and his dog and I just waved him off as he was talking to me.
The other thing happened right after this......
Two kids, young kids come across the street and ask to pet Winston.  Now it's early Sunday morning and here's two young kids by themselves?  I let them pet Winston and I asked what they're doing?  They said ah, taking a hike.  I ask if their parents know they're out hiking, alone.  They say "yes".  I ask them to be careful since there is traffic on the street.  Here's what I notice... dirty faces, dirty clothes, flip flops on, hair not combed and they had a backpack and it was early and no parents in sight anywhere.  I kept walking but the more I walked the more I got concerned about these two kids.  I found them at the neighborhood park. This time there was a third kid and a dog with them.  I talked to them for a bit and find out they live on my street, go to the local school, they're brother and sisters with names that begin with the letter J.  I told them I was worried about them being out by themselves and asked them if they needed snacks and/or drinks.  They said no they're fine. They even offered Winston some water.  The oldest one, age 10 (the others, age 8 and 6) said that she knows the neighborhood well and has been roaming the neighborhood since she was 6!  As I walked away I asked them to please be careful.  They smiled and headed to the playground.
Geez.... Did I overreact?

No comments:

Post a Comment