Saturday, February 13, 2016

Valentine's Day Treats!

It all started with my sister asking for cookies.  I decided to honor her request and send her some heart shaped sugar cookies.  Then one thing lead to one thing and then another and another....which ended up with me sending out 8 pink boxes filled with Valentine treats.


I chose to use a small heart shape cookie cutter and make tons of mini red heart cookies!


Next I assembled some bags with kisses.  Here's what I used to decorate the bags.


They came out so cute, don't you think?


Next on to another treat bag.....used my Royal typewriter to type out my "Happy Valentine's Day" strips.  By the way, I love love love my typewriter.  


 Next cut strips out of treat bags.


The bags are cookie sleeves and perfect packaging for the red jelly hearts!


On to the sewing machine!   


So cute, so cute!  


On to decorate and address the pink boxes... I used red paint and white pens to make hearts all over the boxes.


This is the inside of the boxes.I had some lollypops and heart shaped ballons to randomly throw in the boxes.



I added a hand painted heart note to wish my great nieces/nephews a Happy Valentine's Day!


Added some red paper stuffing to fill the box and it's ready to close and seal.


I put the heart shaped cookies in the red heart treat bags and tied a red paper heart.


I had so much fun making these boxes.  Stay tuned for photos of the kids getting their box.

No comments:

Post a Comment