Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Memories

The other day I bought a large package of pecans and when I opened up the bag the smell of the pecans took me back to when I was a kid.  We visited my "uelo  y uela " in Abilene, Texas and they had pecan tree in their back yard.  I remember picking up pecans and eating all the time whenever we wanted.  The ground was full of them.

 
This past June while visiting Abilene,  I found out my prima, Susie purchased my "uelos" property and plans to turn it into a community garden.  We all met at the D'Bois property in the barrio.  Boy what memories of this place.  Here we are under the pecan tree.  I'm so proud of Susie's purchase and vision.  I'll keep you updated on her project.
 
Susie, SueAnn, Patricia, Tia Mary, Delores, Vicki, Jobi and Angel
This was a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment