Monday, September 23, 2013

Knitting practice = nice scraf

I found this bolt of thread in a second hand store in Flagstaff, AZ.  It's a very large amount of yarn.  I decided to use it to practice my knitting.  I'm happy with the way the scarf came out.  I used two sizes of knitting needles just to practice.  What I found was the knit stitch was easier than the purl stitch.   The scarf is all knit stitched with no purls stitches at all.  My next scarf will be knit 1, purl 1 so I can practice the purl stitch and not forget the knit stitch.  In comparison to crocheting, knitting takes longer and if you miss a stitch I have no idea what to do.  I casted on 14 stitches and sometimes I had 16 then 14 and I have no clue how that happened, haha.  I'm not done with the scarf cuz I'm gonna do some embroidery on it.  I'm happy I'm learning this whole knit thing.  I like it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment