Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cookies!!


This year was the first time in 15 years I didn't host a cookie exchange.  
Looking back on this decision.... I missed an evening with my friends.  
So next year I may have to return to the cookie exchange.

BUT...

I had fun making cookies with Kerry & Donna!
Kerry has this huge kitchen &
fabulous island... perfect for baking cookies.


 We each arranged to make two cookie recipes each.
I decided on sugar cookies and chocolate mint cookie.
Donna made  layered bar & snicker-doodles.
Kerry made oatmeal chocolate chip walnut cookies &
white chocolate macadamia nut cookies!

See, what I mean about the perfect island!
Room for all of and all the baking stuff.

Okay, I was in 4H as a kid and learned baking perfection.  
How to read a recipe, getting the right ingredients, measuring correctly which means using the right measuring cups ... liquid and dry ingredients use different type of measuring cups!!!  Come on...  
Using liquid cup measure for cocoa powder!!!
Kerry was making her chocolate chip walnut oatmeal cookies
she was on her fourth ingredient and I was ready to bake sugar cookies..


Kerry's in-laws were in town.  Her mother-in-law decided she didn't want to hang out in the kitchen with us....but her father-in-law was very interested and finally got in the groove with us.  He's showing Kerry how to roll the cookie dough in waxed paper and chill in the fridge so it will be easier to cut and bake! 
 Apparently, he loves to bake.

Our cookies....
white chocolate macadamia nut 

chocolate chip oatmeal walnut
7 layer chocolate bars
chocolate mint cookies
sugar cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment