Monday, January 3, 2011

Art Journal

I stumbled on Balzer Design blog a long time ago.  Julie Fei-Fan Balzer is crazy creative and shares so many ideas.  She offered up a daily art journal challenge.  I love the idea of this. 
I had an idea several months ago about using my desk calendar to journal on.  I want to document my 25th year of my job.  I decide to begin on January 1, 2011.  One late night I was catching up on some of the blogs I follow and here's where it all came together.  The next day after reading her entry I put together my journal kit(paints, brush, markers & pencils) and took it to my office.  I painted some backgrounds squares into the first week of January since I was going on vacation.  Each day in my job something awesome happens in the mist of all the chaos.  That's what I want to capture on the calendar.  I'll post photos as I complete the month.  This is so exciting.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted you to know I am taking this, too!! I am also trying to stop by and say hi to all the gals participating. So fun seeing all this talent!!:)

    Have fun creating:)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete