Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Another muralist

Meet Pablo, "Kaper".  Him and I crossed paths about 30 years ago.  He was an artist who loved to paint "tag" walls and one on occassion he tagged a wall that he didn't have permission to paint on and which lead to meeting me.  I loved his artist talent and he has some community service hours he needed to do so I got permission to have him paint a mural on my office wall.  It was beautiful, bright colors and the word PEACE.  I loved the mural and I can't believe I don't have a photo of it.  A number of coworkers thought it was a negtive message encouraging a "tagger" to paint.  Well fast forward 30 years and I came across  his instagram.  He is a fabulous muralist and artist.  I had the pleasure to met up with him.  Actually, I surprised him and he did remember me.  On this particular day he was painting a mural at the Barrio Cafe, downtown Phoenix.  It makes my soul happy to wittness the success story of Pablo the artist!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment