Sunday, September 22, 2019

Love affair with paper

 I watched a YouTube video on making faux vellum paper.  I don't recall the name of the artist, sorry.  She used a can of clear spray paint on a variety of papers.  One paper she used was painter's masking paper.  I've been using the masking paper in the green tone and the brown tone colors for several years.  I first came across this paper at a shop in Albuquerque.  I love the lightness of it and love love love the colors.  It comes in 18" rolls so I cut it to 8 1/2" x 11" sheets and printed some vintage images and text on to them.   I gathered up a few pieces of pattern tissue, book pages, and tea dyed graphed paper.  I used clear matte spray paint I bought at my local Walmart.  Nothing fancy.  Used a box to lay the paper in and sprayed one side at a time.  You need to do this outside or in a very well ventilated area, believe me.  Hung them to dry and I love the way they turned out.  My favorite is the dress pattern tissue!  I may have to try a glossy clear next time.  The matte is nice but I'm curious how the glossy will make the paper feel and look.


Here is a sample of the masking paper.  It's not transparent but it does have a nice translucent look.


No comments:

Post a Comment