Saturday, May 16, 2015

Painted furniture?

I have two pieces of furniture I've decided to paint.  I know most would say never paint wood furniture.  Actually, one piece I built as an entertainment cabinet for all our electronics years ago.  It's painted a deep purple and I'm considering painting it a pale pink and aging it.  It's used as a linen closet and sits at the end of a hallway.  Pink just sounds cool and should go nicely with my newly grey painted walls.  The other piece is an old big dresser I got at a thrift store 15 years ago.  It's a dark wood and it's going to get a coat of vintage yellow paint.  I'll take a before and after photo of each piece.  I have tons of painting projects going on this year...some small, some big.  What's your thoughts on painted furniture?

No comments:

Post a Comment