Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas projects

Each year I like to make new holiday projects.  This year it's no different.  I got some ideas from Pinterest and some left over from last year that I wasn't able to get to.  This week is set aside for all these projects and decorating the house.  I also am brainstorming an idea for my xmas cards.  One idea I have is to use this old photo from Tom's Grandpa John's slide collection.  I printed it on a large photo sheet and plan to apply paints and embellishments.  Stay tuned....

Photo by Grandpa John

 Another idea I am considering, chalk board style for my card 

Chalk board paint on card stock using chalk pencil.
This feels the most authentic.

This is black butcher paper with white pastel stick

This is black drawing paper using a chalk pencil.
 I really like how this looks.
I think this is the perfect gift wrap, too.


I saw this sign on Pinterest.  I have a piece of wood and I have paint...

Photo on Pinterest
Here's what I did... not bad.  I have to still sand & age it.  


I have scrap paper left over from a jewelry project so I cut them into flags and going to make into banners.  I may add some words.


Nothing like rustic jingle bell wire garland!
 Love this stuff and it was so easy to make

I was taking a photo for our holiday photo challenge and had to photo my heart rock.

I heart Christmas!

Here's what my desk looks like!  I need to move this into the studio because I'm getting glitter everywhere!



No comments:

Post a Comment