Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Still on the road...........

I'm still in Nebraska and it's cold here.  Currently, I'm in northeast Nebraska visiting my father-in-law.  Today has been spend on the laptop & internet, whoo hoo.  I downloaded some of my photos.  As usual I don't take enough photos.  I stared out the car window today and can see the beauty of the land in this area of Nebraska and I ask myself can I catch the beauty with my camera?  Ah...my camera is not with me!  I've been so careful not to have it out in the cold temps that I've not had it with me much.  

I will share a few of a trip I took to Lawrence, Kansas
Home of University of Kansas Jayhawk football team. 
My nephew, Pat Lewandowski, #91 plays for KU 
and I couldn't pass up the chance to see him play.
Road trip of seven total hours through four states
with my sister, Melinda.  We had a blast!  
We met up with Pat's parents, Mark & Julie and
another aunt and uncle, Joyce & Doyle.
I keep saying this...but it was windy and cold.
Julie, Joyce, Jobi, Doyle & Mark
Pat, #91 waiting to get on the field.
Defense needs to get ready #91
#91 coming off the field

#91 looking awesome on defense!

#91 FANS!!!


Me & Patrick 


This is Coach Turner Gill
I don't know if you know this about me...but I graduated from the University of Nebraska.  The other thing you might not know about me is I'm a huge football fan and a die hard Nebraska Husker fan. 
( For my 8th grade art collage project I made a collage of football players!)
  
Anyways, Coach Gill was the quaterback of the Huskers in the 80's and I have been a fan of his ever since.  
Now here I am within yards of him!  What an honor.  I followed him when he went to the Green Bay Packers to work with players.  I followed him when he went to the University of Buffalo and made champions out of them.
Well, at KU he's having trouble getting wins.  On this particular day, his team tied it up in the 4th quarter and went into OT.
He went for the win by going for 2, but an epic fail and lost.
I'm still a fan of Coach Gill!

No comments:

Post a Comment