Sunday, April 15, 2018

Junk Journal Ephemera

I found a post on Craigslist for a garage sale advertising they had ephemera!  I headed over and boy did he have ephemera, tons of stuff!  I didn't even know where to start.  I checked out his books, he really didn't have a lot of books but he wanted $1 each, I was kinda surprised but they were nice books.  He had magazines, records, electronics, newspapers, and lots of vintage papers.  Everything I picked  out he mention how rare or expensive it was...ugh.  So I went to a smaller box of various papers and started to sort through them.  Omg!  so cool.  I showed his this railroad receipt book, he said all the railroad stuff is expensive!  So I'm thinking my $20 isn't gonna go far as his prices!  He didn't have anything marked and I don't like to barter at garage sales.  Because most of the time things are priced cheap to get rid of.  i got a small pile of stuff and five books for $10 and I said "cool" and then he said I should of said $15 knowing you aren't gonna barter!  My impression is he was not having a garage sale to empty out his garage but to kill some time and see what he could make.  He did tell me he was a dealer.  The other thing he told me was his wife makes junk journals with all this cool stuff.



A page from my journal I use in my travel journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment