Friday, May 31, 2024

Meet Moon Dog

Back in 2020 we decided to get another dog.  Bella was aging and we've always had more than one dog at a time.  I started checking with friends, breeders, shelters and occasionally Craigslist in the area.  Nothing locally turned up or the cost of a "purebred"  lab was out of our price range or interest.  We were getting ready for a long camping road trip.  I decided to check out newspaper ads and craigslist in the states we're traveling through.  One day Craigslist post caught my eye, lab puppies for sale in a small town outside of Lincoln, Nebraska and we were headed that exact area.  I contacted the seller and he had 6 puppies up for adoption.  I quickly sent a relative to place a deposit to hold a puppy.  They were all beautiful little things.  I got the second pick of the litter and I couldn't decided and just let faith take it's course and this is the puppy we got.  He came up to my feet and that's all it took.  We didn't name him for a couple of weeks,  finally he glowed like the full moon and found out he was born on a full moon night.


This is Moon as a puppy


Moon loves the snow!


Moon travels everywhere with us.  He's been on a farm, city parks, forest roads, sandhills, mountains, lakes, rivers, so many fun trails.
This is at the Petrified Forest National Park.


Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park



This Moon today.  He's so used to me taking his photo,  he knows exactly how to pose. 
 He'll be four years old in September.  The best dog and everyone who meets him always walk away saying what a good dog he is.  Sweet, loving, gentle and the best fetch dog.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment