Saturday, May 18, 2024

A Year Ago!

It was a year ago when my studio looked like this
Our house flooded while we were out of state. It was a hose connected to toilet tank which means it flowed for some time. By the time it was discovered water was sitting throughout the whole house running out of the front door and garage. Yep is was a lot. If any of you have experience water leaks you get what a mess it turns out to be. Today we're back in our house and my studio looks like this.
We're in the mist of unboxing tons of boxes. The QR code app that was used when the house got packed does not work. We have a inventory list, well a inventory list of box numbers. Nothing is in order, nothing easy to find and totally a guessing game. In some ways I compare it to xmas morning opening gifts. After a year everything being packed I am surprised each time I open a box, I'm like "oh, I forgot I had this or that". Taking advantage of this opportunity to purge atleast 1/3 of my stuff. That does feel good. I've done without all of it for the past year and that set it all in a different perspective. Do you purge on the regular?

No comments:

Post a Comment