Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Bacon


Everyone loves bacon, right?  Okay I am a crispy but not burnt bacon eater.  Others are more of the I would say "under cooked"  types.  I saw a clip of someone saying for the perfect crisp bacon you need to "boil" it in water first!  
I decided to try it, because I LOVE me some crisp bacon and eggs.  I put water in the frying pan and added 1 lb bacon.  Set the burner temp med-high and waited for the boiling to begin.  I let it boil til all the water was gone.  What was left was bacon grease.  The bacon was not rolled up but more even and straight.  I lowered the temp and the magic happened!  The bacon cooked and became so crisp!



It cooked to so evenly and flat.  This is the finished boiled and fried bacon.  It was perfect!

This bacon was a hit!

 

On another note, I also baked a pound of bacon in a 350 degree oven to compare.  The oven bacon was cooked unevenly and was limp.  I didn't leave in oven to crisp because it would of over cooked in some areas and undercooked in other areas.

I say "boiling" your bacon is the way to go, try it!



1 comment: