Monday, June 4, 2012

Recycling t-shirts

My friend, Kathy showed me a rug she knitted out of old t-shirts.  I loved it and what a great idea.  Coincidentally, I had just empty out my closet of stuff to donate.  In my pile I had a number of t-shirts & tanks.  Funny how I noticed my color choices in clothes, very color complimentary to each other.  I had about 10 or so and I decided not to use any of the dark colors.  I cut the t-shirts into 1 1/2 inch strips.  I got a big sized crochet needle...I don't know how to knit!   


The look of the rug is so cool.  I used up all the strips but I need more because the rug, 18"x48" is not big enough.  I'll have to dig in my closet, again... Tom has tons of white t-shirts I recycle, just not sure I want to use white.  
Thank you Kathy for the great idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment